Are you one of the 70% of people who quit exercising within five weeks of starting a program? Don’t be ashamed. You have plenty of company. The good news is that the other 30% stick it out and enjoy the health and mental benefits that come with their commitment to exercise. Want to switch from a dropout to a slimmer, stronger version of yourself? Here are a few tips from a writer in California that will help you get, and keep, your body moving:
Schedule your workouts:
Those that succeed with adhering to an exercise plan often put their workouts on their calendar and treat them like business meetings. By having your workouts on your schedule for the week, you will be thinking and mentally preparing for them.
Exercise in the morning: Ideally, try to workout in the morning. I cannot stress how great it feels to have your workout done first thing in the morning. Sure, it’s hard waking up at 4 a.m., but well worth the sacrifice. If you are absolutely not able to exercise in the morning, exercise at the same time each day to form a habit.
Reward yourself weekly: Maybe it’s treating yourself to dinner, a massage or new gym clothes, but let’s face it. Rewarding yourself for working out can help you stay motivated.
You can find more of her very helpful tips here. Your you don’t have to plan your exercise rewards, though and they don’t always have to be material either. Nexercise mobile app users earn virtual medals, discounts and even free merchandise for being physically active. Think of it as extra exercise motivation that is always in your purse or pocket. To learn how we can help you meet your goals, click here. It’s time to lose those excuses AND extra pounds!
- Speak Up: How Do You Motivate Yourself to Exercise? (fitsugar.com)
- How to Stay Motivated to Keep Exercise Exciting (everydayhealth.com)
- Wake Up and Work Out (fitsugar.com)
- Exercising Motivation Needed! (timetoexplore.wordpress.com)
- Nexercise for iPhone Put Social in Exercise & Earns Rewardsm (socialtimes.com)